Friday 29 August 2008

Barack Obama's Speech at the DNC.

After staying up into the early morning of Friday I finally got to watch Obama's speech. Being a proud democrat myself I was greatly looking forward to the man's sparkling rhetoric and stunning words. I silently listened to the wooden voice of Al Gore and almost dosed off during Sheryl Crow and eventually was rewarded with Barack himself.

However, I was rather disappointed with Barack's speech as I was expected a stunning speech similar in style to Martin Luther King Jr.'s famous "I have a dream" speech but Obama gave a rather boring speech instead. It was all about what he would do as President, although it was very thin on foreign policy, and failed to inspire me. I know for sure that last nights speech would have failed to convince be about voting Democrat is I was undecided on who to vote for. 

Well, I guess I'll see how the Republican Nation Convention goes and hope that Barack dazzles people in the debates. 

No comments: